Felt trivet. No sewing or gluing required. Connect as many pieces as you like to make bigger projects, too placemats, a runner, or sew two pieces together for a pillow cover. Download the pattern here.
What to do:
1. Download the pattern.
2. Then print out as many sheets as you need and pin them to a piece of felt.
3. Use a rotary cutter
or X-acto knife to cut the slits in each shape. (Press hard to make sure
you cut through both the paper pattern and the felt.)
4. Then cut apart the shapes, adding the notches around the edges.
5. Begin locking pieces together by pulling the arrow-shaped tabs through the slots from the back through to the front side.
6. Connect as many pieces as you like. To finish the trivet, trim off the excess felt around the edges and nip the points off the triangular tabs.
7. Make a straight cut, or round them for a different look.
What you need:
- rotary cutter
- X-acto knife
Estimated time needed: 1 hour