Serving size: 1 pork chop + 1 pineapple slice
Nutritional information per serving: Carbs 24g | Fat 3g | Protein 28g
- 4 pork chops
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, cut 2cm thick
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
1. In a small bowl, whisk marinade ingredients together.
2. Place pork chops and marinade in a sealed Ziploc® bag. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best), turning bag every couple hours.
3. Remove pork chops from bag - DO NOT DISCARD MARINADE. Pour marinade in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it boils, about 4 minutes. Reduce to simmer for another 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Place in a small dish, you will be using this marinade to brush on your chops and pineapple.
5. Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly coat grill rack with non-stick cooking spray.
Place pork chops on grill - cook for 5 minutes on one side. Flip chops over and brush marinade on chops, add pineapple to grill and cooking for additional 3-4 minutes. Flip pineapple halfway through.
6. Let chops rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Place a pineapple slice on each chop.