- 750g chicken breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp unpasteurized honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp four spice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Coat 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray, or brush lightly with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and transfer to your food processor. Using the pulse setting, process the meat until it’s completely ground.
3. Transfer the ground chicken meat to a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly until very well combined.
4. Remove the stems off the mini-peppers, cut them in half and remove the seeds, if any. Place the peppers in a broiler pan and drizzle them with a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil, then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
5. Divide that chicken mixture between your reserved loaf pans and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the top is nice and golden brown. Note that if you choose to do a single loaf instead, it might require a little longer cooking time.
6. Remove meat loaves from oven and set to cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the pans.
7. Slice each loaf into 6-8 slices and serve immediately.