What to do:
Step 1: Assemble the sides as shown in the diagram below. Note that the sides overlap each other. Use a corner clamp or hold two sides together in order to drill 3mm pilot holes 50mm from the top and bottom edges. Countersink and secure with 40mm screws. Repeat this for the remaining sides until the box frame is complete.
Step 2: The base consists of a double layer. Use Pattex No More Nails adhesive to glue the two sections together and then add a screw 30mm in from each corner for added strength. Place the base inside the unit and drill a 3mm countersunk pilot hole into the bottom section of the base. The double base allows you to secure to caster wheels at the bottom.
Step 3: Measure down 12mm on two opposite sides of the box frame and draw a line. Use this as a guide for mounting the lid supports. Use Pattex No More Nails adhesive to secure the supports in place.
Step 4: Place the lid on a piece of offcut and clamp to a workbench or work surface. Draw diagonal lines from corner to corner to determine the centre. Place your 25mm spade bit on the centre mark to cut out a hole. The offcut underneath the lid will ensure a neat edge on both the top and bottom of the drilled hole.
Step 5: Finishing
- Sand any rough edges with 120-grit and then sand smooth with 240-grit.
- Paint using a combination paintbrush and foam roller, or use a Bosch PFS spray system.
- Secure the caster wheels onto the base using 20mm screws.
What you need:
1. 4 of 488 x 500mm 12mm supawood – sides
2. 2 of 476 x 476mm 12mm supawood – top / base
3. 3 of 30 x 476mm 12mm supawood – lid supports
4. 4 caster wheels and 30mm screws
5. 16 of 4 x 20mm cut screws
6. Pattex No More Nails adhesive
7. Wood filler
1. Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
2. Countersink bit
3. 25mm spade bit
4. Sander plus 120- and 240-grit sanding pads
5. Tape measure and pencil
6. OPTIONAL: Corner clamps
Estimated time needed: 1 hour plus drying